George R French   The French House Bed and Breakfast

The French House was built by George R. French (1802-1889) in 1850 as his family residence. He was a native of Fall River, Massachusetts and a civic leader of early Wilmington. 

The family owned and operated the largest boot and shoe repair business in Wilmington, North Carolina.


Wilmington, North Carolina began as a thriving seaport. Founded in 1739, Wilmington became North Carolina's largest city by 1780. Today it remains a culturally diverse city. This diversity and architectural ambiance have captured the attention of California and New York film companies alike.

Return to the charm of a simpler time at:


The French House

103 South Fourth Street

Wilmington, North Carolina 28401


site by esigndesign